These are awesome. And a great way to use up any zucchini overload from the garden.
As I fried these the girls got more and more excited, hovering over the pan.
“Back up or you might get oil on your face”
They would back up but as the fritters came out of the pan over and over their little fingers woudl sneak up on to the plate.
“Can I have this one, mommy? Ouch.. it’s hot”.
Lol, it’s funny when kids love something so much that has veggies in it. Sure they are fried, but it’s only about a teaspoon per batch.
We ate them plain and with my homemade ranch dressing, both where awesome.
As a note, I highly recommend using a Salad Shooter to grate your veggies. I LOVE mine and it is one of the kitchen appliances I will not be with out (in fact I have a back up one in the box in my garage).
Make sure you also check out my very popular, Salt and Pepper Zucchini chips too, they are a big hit!
Here is the recipe for Crispy Zucchini Fritters, I hope you enjoy:
Crispy Zucchini Fritters
20 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1 pound of grated zucchini
- 1 small onion grated
- 1- 1/12 tsp garlic powder
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1/3 cup all purpose regular or gluten free flour
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs or almond meal lightly packed
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 11/2 tsp salt (divided)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Optional: 1-2 tablespoons of milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- Olive oil for frying
- In medium mixing bowl combine zucchini with 1 tsp salt
- Allow to sit for 15-20 minutes to remove the water from the zucchini
- Place zucchini in a clean tea towel or nut bag (I actually used an old pair of clean cut off panty hose) and squeeze until a lot of the water has come out (does not need to be totally dry).
- Mix dry zucchini with 1/2 tsp salt, garlic powder, beaten eggs, baking powder, vinegar, flour and bread crumbs or almond meal.
- This mix is pretty think, if you feel like it needs a little milk add it.
- Heat 1-2 tsps of oil on a large skillet on medium to medium high
- When hot add 1/8 cup scoops of the mixture to the oil, flatten with the back of a spoon.
- Fry each side for 3-5 minutes until brown and cooked through.
- Enjoy right away, they are best fresh.
- Serve with your favorite ranch dressing
This Post Contains Affiliate Links - Disclosure Policy