Dehydrated Zucchini Chips Recipe
Oh MY Goodness..
This Dehydrated Zucchini Chips Recipe is SO good. Full of flavors, slightly spicy. Amazing.
The ONLY downside.. the serving is so small. Seriously, you have no idea how small that 1 1b of zucchini is going to get. And you are not going to want to share.. lol. Basically this recipes makes one nice sized serving for one person.. yep one. But I am marking it 1-2 servings.
Another great tip if you want to use fresh produce is to use a company like Imperfect to have products like fresh organic zucchine delivered to your home.
I just recieved my first box and I was very happy with it! It included some super yummy fruits and veggies (including a bag of organic dates) for a great price.
It was delivered straight to my door and I had the option of customizing my box. Unfortuntaly I forgot and missed my customization window. But even so, I was pleased with my box.
Check out Imperfect to save time and money on your groceries! Use the code IMPERFECT25 and get 25% off your first organic box like I did.
Couple of notes.
1. These have a nice peppery taste. If you are a big fan of salt and pepper chips you could even add more. But be careful since they shrink down so much, a little goes a long way.
2. The olive oil is super yummy on them, but it’s greasy. I did not actually try them with out the oil, but my guess is that they would be fine.
3. * You need to slice these VERY thin. The tried a second batch on my mandoline slicer on the thicker blade. I loved that it took less time to slice and took up less room in the dehydrator, meaning I could fit more in. But those suckers would not get crisp. They were in there about 10 hours and still were chewy. So that did not work.
The mandoline is essential for making the thin slices you will need for this recipe. If you try cutting the Zucchini with a knife they may take a lot longer in the dehydrator.
I love having a dehydrator. It doesn’t get a ton of use, but when I do use it I am so grateful to have it. This Nesco Snackmaster Pro Food Dehydrator has over 2000 reviews and close to 5 stars!
5. If you love vegetable chips check out my Crispy Cucumber Chips here.
My daughters LOVED them.. too bad I had to share…
Salt and Pepper Zucchini Chips
15 minPrep Time
6 hrCook Time
6 hr, 15 Total Time
- 1 lb (about 4 cups) thin sliced Zucchini*
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp olive oil (this can be omitted)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Note: I cut my zucchini on a mandoline slicer. I did both the thin and thick slices. The thin turned out much better and crispier.
- In a medium bowl whisk salt, pepper, olive oil (if used), and vinegar
- Add sliced zucchini
- Toss with the “dressing” to coat.
- Arrange slices on dehydrator trays
- Dehydrate at 135 degrees for 5-6 hours or until crispy
This Post Contains Affiliate Links - Disclosure Policy