Sometimes you just need cookies.
This Easy Oatmeal Cookie recipe is flexible for your mix ins, and small chocolate candy, chips or your favorite dried fruit would be great in it.Just make sure if the fruit is larger that you chop it up.
Check out the gluten free option right in the recipe if you need it.
These also make great Ice Cream Sandwiches.
What is your favorite type of cookie??
Easy Oatmeal Cookies
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cup flour or your favorite all purpose cup for cup Gluten Free flour mix
- 3 cups old fashioned oats (GF if necessary)
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 sticks of butter, softened (I actually used salted)
- 3/4 cup granulated, white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup M&Ms, chocolate chips or dried fruit
- In a medium bowl combine flour, oats, cornstarch, baking powder and salt
- Mix and set aside
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer or Kitchen Aid butter butter, vanilla and white and brown sugar until lightened in color and fluffy
- Add in eggs one at a time
- On low add dry mixture about 1 cup at a time until combined
- Fold in 1 cup of M&M's chocolate chips or dried fruit
- Refrigerate dough for about 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees when about 45 minutes have passed
- Prepare a baking sheet with cooking spray or sil-pat
- Scoop approx. 1 ounce (a slightly heaping tablespoon) of dough and form into a ball
- Place on baking sheet
- If using Gluten Free Flour, with the palm of your hand flatten the dough slightly
- Continue with the rest about 2 inches apart (should hold about 9 a sheet)
- Bake for 12-15 minutes
- Remove from oven and cool slightly before removing from sheet
- Transfer to wire rack and cool completely
- Makes about 3.5 dozen cookies
This Post Contains Affiliate Links - Disclosure Policy