This post is brought to you by M&Ms®. This shop has been compensated by #CollectiveBias, Inc. and its advertiser, all opinions are mine alone.
I thought, what better than a chilly, frozen treat to pair with “Winter Soldier”, right?
So I whipped up some yummy M&M’s Oatmeal Cookies and made them into ice cream sandwiches.
And to make it a bit sweeter on your budget you can grab a $5 off coupon on Captain America 2: Winter Solder right here for YOUR Captain America celebration!
I headed to my local Walmart and snagged my M&M’s candies #HeroesEatMMs . And made these great M&M’s Oatmeal Cookies that have a gluten free option.
Obviously you can make these both Captain America 2: Winter Soldier themed (as above, with the reds and blues) or regular, as below. If you are making theme themed I would recommend buying a second bag to make sure you have enough.
M&M Oatmeal Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
20 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
32 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 cup flour or your favorite all purpose Gluten Free flour mix
- 3 cups old fashioned oats (GF if necessary)
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 sticks of butter, softened (I actually used salted)
- 3/4 cup granulated, white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup M&M candies (separated)
- 4 cups Vanilla ice cream
- In a medium bowl combine flour, oats, cornstarch, baking powder and salt
- Mix and set aside
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer or Kitchen Aid butter butter and white and brown sugar until lightened in color and fluffy
- Add in Vanilla and eggs, one at a time
- On low add dry mixture about 1 cup at a time until combined
- Fold in 1 cup of M&M candies
- Refrigerate dough for about 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees when about 45 minutes have passed
- Prepare a baking sheet with cooking spray or sil-pat
- Scoop approx. 1 ounce (a slightly heaping tablespoon) of dough and form into a ball
- Place on baking sheet and with the palm of you hand flatten the dough
- Continue with the rest about 2 inches apart (should hold about 9 a sheet)
- Push 2-3 M&M candies (from the remaining 1/2 cup) on top of each cookie)
- Bake for 12-15 minutes
- Remove from oven and cool slightly before removing from sheet to avoid cracking.
- Transfer to wire rack and cool completely
- Makes about 3.5 dozen cookies
- For ice cream sandwiches
- Prepare a baking dish with parchment paper
- Spread 4 cups of ice cream about 1 inch thick onto parchment paper
- Cover and return to the freezer
- When the cookies are cool use a glass (I used a canning jar) to push down to make ice cream round
- Remove the round and place onto cookie half, place another cookie on top and press down to keep the sandwich together
- Place sandwiches on a tray and freeze for at least 1/2 hour
- You should be able to make about 12 sandwiches with a dozen or more extra cookies leftover.
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container.
YOu can also enter to win one of 10 $100 Walmart Giftcards!