This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HolidayWithChobani #CollectiveBias
Thanksgiving is quickly closing in.
What favorites are going to be on your table this year? What about new additions?
We have all sorts of favorites on our table like my Secret Weapon Sweet potatoes (sure to turn any sweet potatoes hater into a lover), the brined turkey (makes it SO moist) and of course mashed potatoes and gravy (my fav). When I was first married I used to go all out, but now I try to keep things pretty simple and not go overboard.
My Confetti Creamed Corn with Bacon is a great dish with an old fashioned feel but with an updated twist. To give it some tang and creaminess I used Non-Fat Plain Chobani® yogurt.
Chobani® uses natural ingredients and is high in protein (in fact, one serving has 44% of your daily value) and low in fat so it’s a perfect substitute for cream or sour cream in this recipe. It’s also great for other recipes like parfaits and dips.
To get all of my ingredients for this yummy recipe I headed over to my local Walmart. It was an easy, one stop shop!
Let me know if you try this recipe for Thanksgiving or think it might be great on your Christmas table!
Confetti Creamed Corn with Bacon
- 6 slices of regular bacon cooked and crumbled (reserve fat from cooking if desired)
- 2 cans of approx 15 oz size regular corn, drained
- 1 cup red, green (and yellow works, too, you just can’t see it) bell peppers chopped
- 1/3 cup Non Fat Plain Chobani Greek Yogurt
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 garlic clove, chopped fine
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1 tsp sugar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon bacon grease (reserved from cooked bacon) or olive oil.
- Heat bacon grease in a large skillet on medium
- Add peppers to grease and sauté until soft. 4-5 minutes
- Add chopped garlic the last minute of sautéing peppers, stir to combine and cook until soft but not brown
- Add corn, salt and sugar (if corn is not sweet enough) stir and heat for 2-3 minutes
- Sprinkle with cornstarch and stir completely into corn mixture
- Add milk and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes
- Remove from heat and stir in Chobani Greek Yogurt (do not add the yogurt in while corn mix is on the heat, it will curdle the dish)
- Transfer corn to a plate and top with bacon.
- Serve immediately.