Are you trying to eat more whole foods like my family is?
Sometimes it’s hard to give up some of the things we enjoy but when we started going that way I found that we developed a taste for a lot of new foods and those became many of our favorites.
One of my kids favorites is Banana Ice Cream. They ask for it almost every day after school, and I am happy to oblige because it is so much better for them than a sugary treat.
If you haven’t had Banana Ice cream you will be surprised at how much like real ice cream it really is. It’s creamy, yummy and you have do any fun mix ins you like.
This particular recipe is for Chocolate Almond Crunch Ice Cream, but it’s more of a method than a recipe. The bananas are the base and the one required ingredient. I do like to add the nut butter and coconut oil for added richness, but aver that you can try any of your favorite mix ins and create endless custom flavors. We have found that cashew butter and cinnamon is a surprising good combo!
One note: Don’t let your ice cream sit out. As if melts the texture gets a little yucky so if you are not going to eat it right away place it in the freezer for up to one hour. I don’t recommend leaving it in any longer than than.
Let me know if you give it a try.
If you want caramel sauce as I show in the photo you can try my Easy Salted Caramel Sauce (but it’s not sugar free) or this Paleo Caramel Sauce that has no refined sugar in it.
Sugar Free Chocolate Almond Crunch Ice Cream
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 2-3 Frozen Bananas Chopped
- 1 tablespoon cocoa power
- 2 heaping tablespoons almond butter (or cashew butter)
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil, softened
- (optional)1 tablespoon protein powder (Omit for Paleo)
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons, chopped roasted almonds (I like salted)
- Add frozen bananas, cocoa, almond butter, coconut oil, and optional protein powder to your food processor.
- Process on high until mixture forms a ball (you may need to stop it and stir several times)
- Fold in 1/3 cup almonds
- Scoop into 3-4 dishes and top with more almonds and optional caramel sauce
- Serve Immediately
This Post Contains Affiliate Links - Disclosure Policy
Jennifer Perry says