It’s just so yummy. And really, it’s not that hard to make.
I love the addition of the salt to this recipe, although it’s not necessary you can leave it out if you like. But that sweet/salty contrast is really nice.
This Salted Caramel Sauce is amazing on ice cream with a sprinkle of roasted almonds or you can use it for our Super Easy Caramel Corn Sundaes or Salted Caramel Sweet Potato Casserole. Both are awesome and I highly recommend them.
(or you can just eat it out of the jar…)
Easy Salted Caramel Sauce
20 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 6 Tablespoons salted or unsalted butter, cut up into pieces
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Heat sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat, you will need to stir this constantly with a wooden spoon (plastic can melt)
- Stir until a light honey colored liquid forms. This burns quickly so be aware.
- When the sugar melts and turns honey colored add your butter carefully, due to the water content in the butter it can bubble up.
- Stir the butter for around 2 minutes.
- Switch to a whisk and drizzle in your heavy cream slowly (this can bubble up, too
- Boil for 1 minute and turn down heat if it rises up the sides of the pan too much.
- Remove you pan from the heat and stir in salt.
- Pour into a heat safe glass jar, like a canning jar to cool
- After it is cooled, fee free to use or screw on canning lid to store in the refrigerator for a couple weeks.
- To use you will need to warm up your caramel in the microwave (make sure you jar is microwave safe).
This Post Contains Affiliate Links - Disclosure Policy