Rainbow Snack Mix
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, MARS. All opinions are mine alone. #CallAnEatible #SkittlesHomegating #CollectiveBias
Getting ready for football season like my family? Thinking about throwing together the perfect “homegating party” to kick off all the fun? This Rainbow Snack Mix is a great way to do it!
My family loves football (especially my hubby) and “homegating” for the Big Game is great way to get together with friends and celebrate.
I love making these types of events potluck style. The party is fun for everyone to share their favorite dishes, keeps costs down and avoids the crowds.
For a sweet take on the traditional snack mix make my Rainbow Snack Mix made with Skittles®. Teams don’t use the same plays for each game… so you shouldn’t make the same dishes for your parties!
Surprise everyone with Skittles!
It’s SO easy and just takes a few ingredients (and no baking… score!). You can pick up the Skittles, pretzel twists, crispy rice cereal and white chocolate chips at your local Albertsons like I did and have the recipe done in just a few minutes.
Here’s how to do it:
Firstly, line a baking sheet with wax paper, then pour on your pretzel twists and crispy rice cereal.
Melt your white chocolate chips in the microwave for one minute and stir until smooth.
Drizzle the white chocolate over pretzel twists and crispy rice cereal. Stir to combine.
Sprinkle Skittles candy over the mix and lightly toss. Set aside and allow white chocolate to cool and harden.
When hard, break up pieces and serve immediately or store in an airtight container.
I told you that was easy! Not too many ingredients either. Cereal snack mix recipes are SO fun! What is your favorite recipe for homegating?
For more sweet cereal snack mix recipes click here.
And makes sure to enter the Call an Eatible sweepstakes for a chance to win NFL tickets and NFLShop.com gift cards.
- 3 cups pretzel twists
- 4 cups toasted rice cereal squares
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups Skittles
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Pour on your pretzel twists and crispy rice cereal.
- Melt your white chocolate chips in the microwave for one minute and stir until smooth.
- Drizzle the white chocolate over pretzel twists and crispy rice cereal.
- Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle Skittles candy over the mix and lightly toss.
- Set aside and allow white chocolate to cool and harden.
- When set, break up pieces and serve immediately or store in an airtight container.