This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DairyFree4All #CollectiveBias
Mmm.. got a hankering for a good old-fashioned frozen pie, but you or someone you know is dairy free?
That’s pretty much the scenario at our house. My daughter can’t really eat dairy at all, but it doesn’t mean we don’t love frozen treats! Especially when there is So Delicious Dairy Free® to the rescue.
So Delicious Dairy Free® has so many great flavors… you probably won’t even be able to decide on your favorite. Their products are also Certified Vegan and have No artificial colors, flavors or preservatives and are free of high-fructose corn syrup (which I LOVE).
You can learn more at www.sodeliciousdairyfree.com.
To show you just how much we love So Delicious Dairy Free® frozen treats I went to my local Walmart and bought the ingredients to assemble this Black and White Frozen Pie. To be honest ANY of their flavors (Cashew Salted Caramel Cluster, Cashew Dark Chocolate Truffle, Coconut Vanilla Bean, Coconut Milk Chocolate, Almond Milk Mocha Almond Fudge) would be delicious in this. I simply decided to go with a black and white theme.
And you can also leave off the nuts on top or change to your favorite. As a note: either make your own hardening chocolate sauce (recipe here) or search for a dairy free option in your local store.
It’s SUPER easy to put together. Let me know if you try it. What is YOUR favorite way to eat Frozen Treats?
Black and White Frozen Pie
- 1 pint So Delicious Dairy Free® Cashew Milk Dark Chocolate Truffle
- 1 pint So Delicious Dairy Free® Coconut Milk Vanilla Bean
- About 20 gluten and dairy free chocolate sandwich cookies (or your favorite)
- 1/4 cup non dairy spread softened
- 1/3 cup chopped cashews
- Hardening chocolate syrup (store bought or homemade, link to recipe above)
- Prepare a standard pie dish with non-stick spray, set aside
- Add cookies and non dairy spread to you food processor and pulse until combined and just comes together
- Press cookie mixture into pie dish and place in freezer for 20 minutes
- While waiting for crust, remove So Delicious Dairy Free® Cashew Milk Dark Chocolate Truffle from freezer to soften
- After 20 minutes remove crust from freezer and spread softened So Delicious Dairy Free® Cashew Milk Dark Chocolate Truffle onto crust
- Return to freezer for 20 minutes and remove So Delicious Dairy Free® Coconut Milk Vanilla Bean to soften
- After 20 minutes remove pie from freezer and spread So Delicious Dairy Free® Coconut Milk Vanilla Bean on top
- Top with chopped cashews
- Drizzle with hardening chocolate syrup (to taste)
- Return to freezer and freeze for at least 1 hour.
- To cut: Remove from Freezer for 20 minutes to soften slightly, cut and eat immediately.