This Post Contains Affiliate Links - Disclosure Policy
I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and Nestle Snack Products.
Summer is coming to a close and school will be starting soon.. some of us sooner than others. We go back in less than 2 weeks and I know some folks in Arizona who are going back now.
I’m in all our families sure there is both excitement and sadness about back to school, but there are lots of ways to make it fun, even if there are a few nerves!
A few days ago I headed out to Walmart to pick up Dreyer’s Outshine Bars, Raisinets, and Skinny Cow Candy (see the whole shop on G+ here). I had in mind making a fun, cool treat that would be super fun as an after school celebration for the new year.
I think they turned out great and the girls loved making them. And the best thing, it was super fast because the chocolate only takes about a minute to hardness. You can also use as many or few toppings as you like. Just choose all your families favorites. I actually really enjoyed the Raisinets (but I have loved those since I was a kid).
You can also choose your favorite Dreyer’s Outshine Bar flavor. I saw several that would be yummy, including some new Coconut Water Bars.
To be honest most of this is more of a method or just assembly than a recipe. But I love that because it makes it pretty much impossible to go wrong!
In the comments tell us about your favorite back to school memories. Did you look forward to going back to school as a kid? What about your kiddos?
Chocolate and Candy Dipped Strawberry Pops
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1 Box of Strawberry Dreyer's Outshine Bars (6 bars)
- 1/2 cup Raisinets Chopped
- 2 packages of Skinny Cow Candy (we used Chocolate Caramel Crunch), chopped
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Other toppings (sprinkles, nuts, marshmallows, etc..)
- Prepare a parchment lined tray or cookie sheet for bars
- Prepare candy and toppings
- Place chocolate into a microwave safe bowl
- Microwave for 1 minute
- Remove and stir
- Microwave again for 30 seconds, stir
- If not melted return for 15 seconds and stir
- Add in coconut oil and stir until combined.
- You make want to transfer melted chocolate into a smaller bowl or cup to make dipping easier.
- Unwrap each bar
- Dip into chocolate
- Place on parchment and immediately decorate (chocolate hardens in less than 1 minute).
- Eat immediately or place back into freezer until ready to eat.