Have a hankering for some yummy muffins?
Homemade ones are SO much better than anything you can buy.
These blueberry beauties are perfect for breakfast (of course), kids school lunches, or even a dinner side.
They are super easy to make and don’t require any fancy kitchen appliances.
Let us know if you try them out.
The Best Blueberry Muffins
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 T baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 T unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease your muffin tins or use paper liners and set aside.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl and whisk
- to blend. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the egg and whisk for about 20 seconds.
- Add the sugar to the egg mixture and whisk vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Add the softened butter, a little at a time, and whisk to combine
- after each addition.
- Add 1/2 of the sour cream to the wet mixture and whisk till
- blended. Repeat with remaining sour cream.
- Gently add the blueberries to the dry mixture and toss lightly
- until well combined.
- Add the wet mixture to the blueberries and gently fold with a
- rubber spatula until the blueberries are evenly distributed.
- NOTE: The batter will be very thick...do not over-mix!
- Fill the muffin tins with the batter (TIP) spray
- your spoon with non-stick spray so it won't stick
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees oven for 25-30 minutes or until an
- inserted toothpick comes out clean, rotating the pan half way through.
- Cool muffins in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Remove muffins from pan and let cool on wire rack for additional 5 minutes.
This Post Contains Affiliate Links - Disclosure Policy