This was such a lovely meal.
And a great change from the regular.
My mom and I got together to prepare this dish based off a similar dish we had as a family the week before that was made with shrimp. The shrimp was great, but expensive. So we thought we would make out own version with chicken.
1st I make the pesto (find the pesto recipe here), but you could use bottled. And then I made the Basil and Feta Rice with Zucchini and Tomatoes as the side dish.
It was a great pair and we had fun preparing the meal together.
The whole meal is gluten free and very cost effective.
Pesto Grilled Chicken
75 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
1 hr, 30 Total Time
- 2 pounds of thawed chicken breast tenders or chicken breast cut into strips
- 1/2 cup Pesto (recipe above) or bottled
- Soaked wooden skewers (soak up to 2 hours)
- pesto sauce for drizzling or dipping.
- In a large bowl or ziploc bag combine the chicken and pesto
- Stir to coat chicken
- Cover bowl and place in refrigerator to marinate for 1 hour
- Preheat grill on medium
- After one hour skewer chicken with soaked wooden skewers
- Grill skewers for 12-15 minutes each, turning every 3-4 minutes.
- Serve with rice and drizzle with additional pesto sauce
This Post Contains Affiliate Links - Disclosure Policy
Leave a Reply