Are you a fan of cake? Yeah… me too!
Cake is just the best with homemade frosting. Seriously.. I could lick the bowl, many times over when making it.
And making it yourself couldn’t be easier than this Perfect 6 Minute Chocolate Buttercream. You can have it made and that cake frosted in NO time.
If you are a fan of vanilla frosting try our Perfect 6 Minute Vanilla Buttercream.
As a note.. if you have any leftover Chocolate Buttercream it is AMAZING frosted onto graham crackers. It’s gluten free ones for me now, but growing up my mom would make Frosted Graham Crackers quite often.
If you never tried it.. make sure you do!
Perfect 6 Minute Chocolate Buttercream
6 minCook Time
6 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup softened butter (salted or unsalted, depending on your preference)
- 4 cups/one pound powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup good quality cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5-7 tablespoons milk or cream
- Add softened butter into your stand mixer or bowl
- Beat butter on medium to high in stand mixer or with a hand mixer for 3 minutes until fluffy
- Just before the end of 3 minutes add vanilla and 3 tablespoons milk to butter, keep beating
- Reduce to medium low or medium
- Slowly pour in powdered sugar and cocoa and continue beating for a total of 3 more minutes on medium moving up to high speed as sugar is incorporated.
- If frosting is too stiff add in more milk 1 tsp at a time and beat until combined.
- Spread on cake or cookies
- To store place butter cream in an airtight container and store in refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- Bring to room temp prior to frosting.
This Post Contains Affiliate Links - Disclosure Policy