Ever have those days when you want to serve something new for breakfast? Well this Fruit and Rice Breakfast “Pudding” is just the ticket! Not too sweet.. yummy.. I think the kids will love it!
It would also make a great snack.
Let me know if you are going to try it in the comments..
Fruit and Rice Breakfast "Pudding"
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 C cooked brown rice
- 1 C milk (dairy or non dairy)
- 1 banana, sliced
- 15 Oz Frozen Peaches
- 1/4 C water
- 2 T honey
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1/2 t nutmeg
- Optional- additional fruits for topping
- Place the water, honey and vanilla in a large saucepan over low heat.
- Add the bananas and peaches stirring well to cover with liquid.
- Stir in the cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low and cook about 8 minutes or until tender but not mushy.
- Stir in the rice.
- Pour in the milk and stir well.
- Cook on low for 5-10 minutes.
- Best if served warm.
- Top with fresh fruit if desired.
This Post Contains Affiliate Links - Disclosure Policy