This would be a GREAT side dish for Mother’s Day. Light and yummy!
Obviously frozen green beans would work, too.. you just wont need to cook the beans as long.
Fresh Green Beans with Basil and Mint
Green Beans with Basil and Mint
- 6 cups of water
- 2 lbs. fresh green beans, cleaned and trimmed
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, shredded
- 1/3 cup fresh mint, shredded
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- Pour the water into a large pot and place over high heat.
- Let the water to come to a boil and add the beans.
- Bring the water back to a boil then reduce to medium.
- Simmer the beans for 7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and continue simmering 1 minute longer or until the beans are crisp tender.
- Drain and place in a large serving bowl.
- Add the basil, mint, red pepper, and oil on top of the beans
- Toss gently to coat the beans with the herb/pepper mixture
- Sprinkle on salt and pepper and light toss to distribute.
Fresh Green Beans
This Post Contains Affiliate Links - Disclosure Policy