It’s inevitable. You buy a big bunch of bananas on sale and half of them go brown.
Instead of being bummed, maybe you should celebrate because there is all sorts of good things you can do with those babies! Of course you can go with the old standby of banana bread, which is delicious. But did you know there is so much more you can do with them?
Check out all these great ways to use up your brown bananas:
- Give some to your dog: You can feed your dog bananas. Of course any people food should be in moderation but according to this site you can feed your dog a few slices.
- Dry them: Try your hand at making some banana chips. You can do it in the microwave, in the oven or the dehydrator.
- Make a hair mask: You can even use bananas as a hair product. Make this Banana Hair mask for silky, shiny hair.
- Make them into Ice Cream: This is my favorite way to use them up. We make ice cream with our frozen, brown bananas several times a week. The girls love it and it is a way for them to have ice cream when ever they want it. Check out my recipe for Banana Chocolate Almond Crunch Ice Cream
- Soften your Cracked Heals: I need this SO bad! Use bananas and coconut oil to heal your cracked heals. See how here.
- Make a Face Mask: You can even use bananas on your face for soft and moisturized skin. Get the recipe.
- Fry Them- Chop up a brown banana and saute over medium with a couple teaspoons of butter for few minutes. Eat as a snack our serve over ice cream or french toast.
- Make Banana Pops: If your brown bananas aren’t too soft pop them on a stick and coat with yummy toppings like chocolate! /
- Make Pancakes: Make these paleo, gluten free pancakes with bananas. No flour needed and only a few ingredients.
- Stir into Oatmeal– Chop or mash them up and stir into regular oatmeal or baked oatmeal.
- Freeze Them: Chop them up and seal in a zip top bag. You can use these in smoothies, ice cream or thaw for baking.
- Banana Bread: Of course you can make banana bread with brown bananas. If you want a yummy gluten free recipe, check ours out.
What are YOUR tips on using up brown bananas?
This Post Contains Affiliate Links - Disclosure Policy