I loved Carrot Salad as a child (still do), but looking back I am not really sure that drowning carrots in mayo is the best choice out there. So I decided to lighten it up a bit and make this Carrot and Roasted Almond Salad.
It is going to be spring soon and this is a perfect spring or Easter salad.
And just because the Easter bunny brought them goodies your kiddos might be just that much more willing to eat some carrots.
4 minPrep Time
4 minTotal Time
- 7-8 small carrots shredded (2 cups)
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds, roughly chopped (I used salted)
- 1/4 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Pinch of salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix until combined
- Serve immediately or cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. (flavors are enhanced when the salad sets in fridge for a few hours or overnight)
This Post Contains Affiliate Links - Disclosure Policy