Bob Evans recently came out with a new recipe collection for Bob Evans Mashtinis! Sounds a bit different, right? It’s actually pretty neat! They are great recipes you actually put in a martini glass, so it’s tasty and has a great presentation factor to it!
I received some recipes and Bob Evan’s mashed potatoes to try, and I will start by saying they make the BEST mashed potatoes! I had a package laying on the counter when my husband got home and his first remark was “Ohhh you have the good mashed potatoes!”. We really do love them, I even buy them without a coupon (if you can believe it)!
I let my husband pick up which recipe he wanted to try since they all looked delicious to me, haha. Really.. anything with mashed potatoes looks good in my book. So he decided on the BBQ one since it was summer and it fit!
Here’s the recipe I tried, in case you wanted to give it a shot yourself! You can also check out all the other recipe ideas here!
SMOKY SPUD BBQ MASHTINI™
Prep time: 20 minutes
Yields: 4 Mashtinis
16 pieces breaded popcorn chicken
1 package (24 oz.) Bob Evans Original Mashed Potatoes
1/2 cup Bob Evans Wildfire BBQ Sauce
3 scallions, diced
- Prepare popcorn chicken by following the recommended baking instructions on the package.
- In a small bowl, toss prepared chicken with Bob Evans Wildfire BBQ Sauce, coating evenly.
- Prepare Bob Evans Original Mashed Potatoes by following the recommended microwave instructions on the package.
- Swirl 1 Tbsp. Bob Evans Wildfire BBQ sauce around the inside of each glass.
- Place 3/4 cup (1/4 package) of mashed potatoes in a martini glass.
- Place 4 pieces of Bob Evans Wildfire BBQ-coated popcorn chicken on top of mashed potatoes.
- Garnish lightly with a sprinkle of diced scallions.
I have to say, it was delicious! I took photos, but they have somehow disappeared from my computer (it’s like the black whole sometimes). But they looked good, I promise! Okay, maybe I didn’t make them AS pretty as the picture here but I was too excited to eat it and it was just hubby and I… but the next time I make these will be for guest so i’ll much a LOT more effort into presentation!
All in all it was yummy! We of course went back for seconds and I loved having the chicken in there, it was a complete meal in one. And there’s no better meal than one that consists of mostly mashed potatoes in my book 😉
Disclosure : I was provided a product for review purposes only. My opinions are 100% my own and in no way influenced. View my fulldisclosure policy.
This Post Contains Affiliate Links - Disclosure Policy