Last year I posted a great round up up titled 20 Dinners That Cost About $5. It’s been so popular that I decided to put together a second round up of the same type of meals.
Keep in mind, depending on where you live, some of these meal may cost more or less. That said, they are all very inexpensive and will help you cut your grocery budget.
My best tip for keeping the costs of the recipes low is to learn to substitute, if you need to. If ground beef is $5 a pound one week but ground turkey is $2 a pound, use ground turkey. If green beans are cheap and broccoli is expensive choose the one on sale.
Keep your side dishes simple: salads, steamed veggies, cut up fruit or baby carrots.
These are cheap (and healthy) and will keep your budget in check.
What is your favorite, inexpensive meal to make for your family?
Ground Beef or Turkey
- 30 Minute Taco Rice Skillet
- Easy Cheesy Mexican Casserole Recipe
- One Pot Chili Mac and Cheese
- Homemade Hamburger Helper Recipe Cheeseburger Macaroni
- Homemade Manwich Recipe
- Chili Dogs
- 3 Ingredient Crock Pot Chili
- Slow Cooker Beef and Bean Nachos
- Macaroni Pizza Casserole
- Copycat Olive Garden Spaghetti Sauce
- Spinach and Feta Frittata
- Easy Vegetable Lo Mein
- Pumpkin Risotto
- Slow Cooker Vegan Barley Stew
- Easy Cheesy Baked Ziti Recipe
- Fancy (But Easy) Rice & Beans Recipe!
- Healthy Moroccan Lentils
- Spinach Lasagna Roll Ups
- Crock Pot Mac and Cheese
- Lasagna Cups
This Post Contains Affiliate Links - Disclosure Policy