Disclosure: I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and Land O’Lakes.
The first time I had fish tacos was 1998. My hubby and I had moved here to San Diego from Arizona and the new bosses tradition was to take everyone out for fish tacos. They were awesome. Battered and fried fish, cabbage, white sauce and corn tortilla.. yum. When I got home the first thing I did was make them for dinner.
We were pretty hooked (get it?).
These days I don’t eat a lot of fried foods for dinner but I we still want to have fish tacos. A great easy dinner solution is to use Land O’Lakes Sauté Express® Sauté Starter for sauteed fish. The garlic and herb gives flavor to chicken, pork and even fish without a lot of effort.
#SauteExpress can help you get your meals on the table quickly and everyone in the family will love the meals you create. Some of the yummy flavors you can choose from are Italian Herb, Garlic and Herb, Lemon Pepper, and Savory Butter and Olive Oil. It’s possible to make quick dinner recipes everyday of the week with #SauteExpress.
- Sunday: Sunday Night Fish Tacos (recipe below)
- Monday: Lemon Pepper Turkey Mini-Burgers
- Tuesday: Ginger Garlic Flank Steak with Noodles
- Wednesday: Garlic Curried Chicken
- Thursday: Italian Frittata with Prosciutto
- Friday: Garlic Chicken Pizza
- Saturday: Chicken Caesar Salad
To make any of these yummy dishes head on over to your Local Walmart and snag some Land O’Lakes Sauté Express® Sauté Starter.
Onto the recipe for Sunday Night Fish Tacos:
Sunday Night Fish Tacos
20 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
32 minTotal Time
- 16 oz Frozen White Fish fillets (any mild white fish)
- 2 cubes of Land O’ Lakes Saute Express Garlic and Herb Flavor
- The juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1-2 cups of chopped cabbage or cold slaw mix
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 4 oz of Queso Fresco, crumbled, or your favorite cheese for tacos
- 1-2 medium avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Your favorite salsa (optional)
- Heat a saute pan on medium
- Add 1 cube Land O’Lakes Sauté Express® Sauté Starter Garlic and Herb Flavor to pan, melt and coat, as according to package directions.
- Add half of white fish to pan and saute until fish is opaque (turning once). About 5-6 minutes for thin fish fillets.
- Add half of lime juice before removing from pan
- Move to a serving platter
- Repeat with Land O’Lakes Sauté Express® Sauté Starter Garlic and Herb Flavor and 2nd batch of fish and lime juice.
- Serve with sour cream, tortillas, cabbage, cilantro, tomatoes, cheese, avocado, lime wedges and salsa (optional).
- Rice and Pinto beans make great sides for this meal.
Let me know if you give the fish tacos a try. They really are great!
Make sure to check out all the great Land O’Lakes Sauté Express® Sauté Starter flavors on their website and you can visit their Facebook page here and follow on Twitter and Instagram: @LandOLakesKtchn.