This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CarnationBreakfastEssentials #CollectiveBias #sponsored
The mornings are ALWAYS such a rush in my house. Trying to get two tween girls out the door is difficult and I only expect it’s going to get worse! But with my yummy Smores Oatmeal at least you can add some fun into the standard routine.
I don’t know about your mornings, but mine looks like this:
1. Get kids up
2. Go start getting breakfast ready and start packing lunches
3. Check that no child has crawled back into bed (and if so, “encourage” them to get out.. even though I would like to do the same.)
4. Go back the breakfast/lunch packing routine. I might make my Smores Oatmeal made with Carnation Breakfast Essentials®.
5. Children sleepily come out, basically doing nothing except getting on clothes.
6. I try to send them back to so SOMETHING else (ie.. make bed, comb hair, get on shoes) while breakfast is finishing). Doesn’t always work.
7. They eat breakfast like they have no where to be in…. WHAT?!… we need to leave in like five minutes.
8. Throw together the rest of lunch and stuff it into their backpacks.
9. Ask them at least three times to eat a little faster. Finally they finish.
10. Shuffle them to the bathroom for teeth brushing and hair combing (No, there is not enough time for the fancy up-do. You will have to finish in the car.)
11. Get them, and the husband, out the door, shoes in hand (no.. my husband DOES have his shoes on).
12. Breathe a sigh of relief!
Is it just me or does your morning look just a little like that, too? You know, breakfast is “the most important meal of the day” and even with my busy schedule Carnation Breakfast Essentials makes putting it together just a little easier. There are lots of yummy flavors like Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry, chocolate malt or dark chocolate and now you can even get Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Light Start™. It’s the same as Carnation Breakfast Essentials Powder, but lower in sugar (and calories).
As well as drinking Carnation Breakfast Essentials as a beverage you can also mix it into your favorite recipes for fun flavor. Just like in my Smores Oatmeal.
This oatmeal is so fun and easy to put together… maybe it will even make your morning just a little smoother.
And to make your mornings that much better head over here and grab a coupon for $3 off any two Carnation Breakfast Essentials and follow them on Facebook for great offers and recipes.
7 minPrep Time
7 minTotal Time
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 1 package Chocolate Carnation Breakfast Essentials®
- dash of salt
- 1-2 tablespoons of mini marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon graham cracker crumbs
- Boil water and salt in a medium saucepan on stovetop
- Reduce to Medium heat
- Add oats and cook for 5 minutes
- Stir in package of Chocolate Carnation Breakfast Essentials®
- Divide between 2 bowls and sprinkle with mini marshmallows, chocolate chips and graham cracker crumbs.
- Serve immediately.