Cheesy Stuffed Meatballs
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GameTimeClean #CollectiveBias
Are you ready for the big game? Love tailgating?
My Slowcooker Cheesy Stuffed Meatballs are perfect to bring to the party. Just do the prep at home and then throw them in the slowcooker.
All the guests will be impressed and left wondering how you got that yummy, gooey cheese in there!
Tip: you can easily use mozzarella cheese in this recipe, but Monterey Jack has SO much more flavor and really stands up to the heartiness of the meatballs. If you’ve never tried it in place of mozzarella before, you should.
Then when you are done with the party clean up is easy with Viva® Vantage® Towels from Walmart. These towels have cool stretchy-strength fiber-packed sheets and scrubbing power for big messes.
They are also soft but strong like a cloth. My favorite feature is they resist ripping and tearing, even when wet.
These Cheesy Stuffed Meatballs were a huge hit at my party and cleanup was a snap with Viva® Vantage® Towels.
Be sure to check out more VivaTowels.com for more information and savings on Viva® Vantage® Towels . I’d love to hear about your tailgating or gametime recipe!
Slowcooker Cheesy Stuffed Meatballs
30 minPrep Time
3 hrCook Time
3 hr, 30 Total Time
- 1/4 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1 1/2 lb Ground Beef
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (I used gluten free)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 4 oz Monterey Jack Cheese cubed into 16 pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 jars of your favorite marinara pause (I used 1 jar, but if you like extra sauce you may want 2)
- In a large bowl combine sausage, beef, bread crumbs, eggs, salt, pepper, garlic, onion, oregano, and basil
- Stir to combine, do not over mix
- Form mix into 16 2-inch balls and set aside on a wax paper covered cookie sheet.
- Press cheese cube into each meatball and carefully seal, set on wax paper
- Heat 1-2 large skillets with olive oil on Medium (if you only use 1 you will need to to this in two batches)
- Place 8 meatballs into each heated skillet and brown each side (2-3 minutes a side). These will not be cooked through.
- Pour 1/2-1 whole jar of marinara sauce into the bottom of your slowcooker
- Remove meatballs from skillet and place on top of marinara
- When all meatballs are in the slowcooker cover with 1/2-1 jar of marinara.
- Place lid on slowcooker and cook on low for 2-3 hours.
- Serve as an appetizer or with your favorite cooked pasta.