This is the real thing, no artificial ingredients. Pumpkin, spice and cream, all blended together and “yummified”.
As a young adult I actually LOVED non dairy creamer. I have no idea why, but I thought it was so good, no half aand half for me. As I have gotten older and eat mostly non processed foods I have really developed a distaste for it. So for me it is all about 1/2 and 1/2 or milk in my coffee and tea.
I’m sure you don’t know this (just kidding) but anything Pumpkin Spice is all the rage right now. So, I decided to see if I could put together a natural Homemade Pumpkin Spice Creamer recipe. And I really think it works. It tasted great and it was all real.
What could be better?
For this recipe you are also going to need a coffee filter to make a little sachet for the spices. My guess (but I have not tried it) is that if you had a spicy herbal tea you probably could use a bag of that instead.
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Creamer
- 3/4 cup Half and Half
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbs Sugar (optional)
- Take the ground cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice and place into a coffee filler. Tie up with a twist tie or twine. Set aside.
- Heat Half and Half in a mug or glass safe bowl on high in the microwave for 90 seconds to 2 minutes.
- Steep spice bundle in hot Half and Half for about 5 minutes. If the spice taste is not strong enough, remove the bundle and heat for a another 30 seconds and place the spice bundle into steep again until the flavor is stronger.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and pumpkin puree and sugar.
- Strain the creamer through a nut bag, paint straining bag, clean nylons or a t-shirt. You will be left with most of the pumpkin in the bag. Either reserve for another use or throw away.
- Store for 2-3 days in a covered jar or container.
- Add as much as you like to coffee or tea.
- Stir or shake prior to each use.
For more recipes Check out Weekend Potluck
This Post Contains Affiliate Links - Disclosure Policy