Do you love them or hate them? Growing up I HATED them. Give me a plain burger, stuff it with french fries (that is a veggie, right?) and I was good to go.
These days things have changed, sort of. I still would not consider myself a huge veggie lover. Personally, I would much rather eat chocolate cake (and WHY can’t chocolate cake be a vegetable??).
Side note.. in heaven I sure hope that God either makes dessert and sugar be crazy healthy, vegetables amazingly delicious or we just don’t have to eat at all. My vote: the dessert!
But I am eating a lot more fresh, whole foods these days and that means veggies. So I have to figure out a way that they can still be healthy and taste good. One of the best ways that I have found is roasting. It just changes how the veggie tastes, for the better. Grilling is very similar. Roasting or grilling sweetens it up and gives it a lot more flavor.
We were invited to a farm the other day by a friend for a BBQ and he was grilling up some Asparagus. I have never been a big fan, but he offered me some so I tried it and you know what? It was pretty good. I thought a squeeze of lemon or vinegar would make it even better so I decided to come up with my own recipe.
The girls were not big fans, but both tried it (without gagging..lol) and ate a whole stalk.
My husband and I enjoyed it. It was something new and a great side for spring or summer dishes.
Amazing (and Easy) Grilled Asparagus
5 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
10 minTotal Time
- I bunch of Asparagus (about 1 lb), washed and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt (add more to taste after grilled)
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Place Asparagus into a large zip top bag and add in lemon, oil, salt and pepper.
- Zip the top closed and distribute the marinade onto Asparagus
- Place in refrigerator for 2 hours
- Heat grill to medium to high grill
- Grill Asparagus for about 5 minutes, turning every minute or so, as to not burn them.
- Remove from grill and salt and pepper to taste (optional)
This Post Contains Affiliate Links - Disclosure Policy