Everyone is interested in saving more money these days. Seriously, why wouldn’t you be?
The more money you save now means the more money you have for things like your child’s education, weddings and retirement.
At Frugal Living Mom we have lots of great tips on saving more, but here are a few to get your mind going today.
5 Great Tips to Save Money at Home
- Set up a budget. One of the best ways to save money is to set up your budget. Track all the money going in and out of your home. If you don’t know how to set one up check out our post Basic Steps for Setting up a Budget
- Reuse. Start looking at the items you have and even some of your trash differently. Can you reuse it? Can you up-cycle it? An easy place to start is just with leftovers. Get creative, have a buffet night or make something totally new out of them. Save Money By Repurposing or Reusing Household Items.
- Shop with the Sales. Often we might forget but different months have very different items on sale. Ham is cheap in December or around Easter, Turkey in November, TVs in January. Knowing when the best prices are is going to save you a lot year round. What to Buy.. and When: A Month by Month Breakdown of Sale Cycles!
- Start a Stock Pile. It saves so much money to stock up went items you use are on sale. Make sure to pay attention to those sales cycles so you buy enough to get you through to the next one. How To Grow and Maintain a Stockpile
- Go Solar. I have always been interested in going solar. It’s such a great way to get the energy you need and also be kind to the earth. I have always had lots of questions about it and a company called Sunrun had some answers for me.
- Is Solar more cost effective than traditional electric? Electricity from Sunrun is more affordable than electricity from your utility. They you control over your electricity costs and protects you against unpredictable electricity rate increases.
- Am responsible for repaired on the solar panels? Sunrun will install, insure, and monitors and maintain your solar system. All you do is pay a low, locked-in rate for the electricity from the Solar Panels.
- How do I know it’s working right? Sunrun monitors your solar system’s production remotely, so you don’t need to worry.
We have a special offer for Frugal Living Mom readers. If you go solar with Sunrun before Nov. 30, you’ll get a $500 VISA® Prepaid Card. (Conditions apply.) Get a free solar quote here.
Saving money is easy when you break it down. What are some of the ways you save money at home? Please feel free to leave us a comment!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.