This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RoadTripHacks #CollectiveBias #Albertsons
Taking any road trips before the end of summer?
They sure can be fun… but exhausting, between the long hours, bathroom stops and the “she’s touching mes”— lol.
But there is one thing you can do to really keep up the energy and fun of the trip… pack tons of “Power Snacks”. Lots of junk food can drag you down and make you feel tired, but if you pack in all sorts of great snacks you can really have the energy to pull through those long stretches.
Plus, snacking can be a great distraction for the kids so they don’t get bored. Since you won’t be packing junk you don’t have to feel guilty about giving them another one!
I’ve put together a great list of 10 Power Snacks for Your Next Road Trip.
- Planters Chili Lime Peanuts 6oz- Perfect for snacking with zesty kick
- Cheese Sticks- bring both mozzarella and cheddar so there is a variety.
- Crunchy Kale chips– Made with Earthbound Farm Kale or Kale Italia (recipe below)
- Nitrate Free Lunch meat– perfect high protein snack and you can serve with the Wheat Thins and Triscuit crackers.
- Wheat Thins Original- Yummy and crunchy with just a bit of sweetness
- Dried Fruit– Yummy! Bring a mix of 3-4 fruits. Try to avoid the sweetened kind.
- Triscuit Original– More great crunchy snacks and these are 100% Whole Grain Wheat.
- Fresh Veggie Sticks– Chop these yourself or grab pre-chopped at the store to save time.
- Beef Jerky– I recommend the kind with no msg.
- Dark chocolate– OK, so we all need a sweet treat, but you can keep the sugar low by making it the dark variety.
Pack everything you bought from Albertsons in an easy to reach cooler with an ice pack of the cheese, meat and veggie sticks.
And don’t forget to head over and enter the Best Road Trip Ever Sweepstakes for a chance to win great prizes like a 2015 Ford Fusion. Get the Official Rules here.
- 1 Package Earthbound Farm Kale or Kale Italia
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F. Line a non insulated cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss kale with olive oil, vinegar and salt.
- Bake until the edges brown but are not burnt, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Store in a sealed container or plastic bag after cooled completely.
What are your favorite Power Snacks to take on a road trip?
Kelly @eclecticmommy says