This Post Contains Affiliate Links - Disclosure Policy
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LoveDoveFruits #CollectiveBias
I am always looking to take care of myself better. In my mind, if you feel good it’s worth so much more than just saving money alone.
But if there are ways that I can not break that bank and do things that are better for me, I am a happy camper.
One of the ways I like to do this is to improve my snacks. Snacking usually happens several times a day so making sure that the ones I grab are smarter choices is high on my priority list.
I have compiled a list of 10 yummy, better for you snacks that also will not bust your budget.
10 Better for You Snacks that Cost about $.50 each
- 1/8 cup of DOVE® Fruit in Cherries, Blueberries or Cranberries. These are dipped in Dark Chocolate are a decadent combination of real fruit dipped in silky smooth DOVE® Dark Chocolate . Head to your local Walmart to buy this yummy snack.
- Popcorn- Air pop a couple tablespoons of popcorn kernels, drizzle with a teaspoon or two of melted coconut oil or olive oil and season with your favorite spices or sea salt.
- ¼ cup salted Pistachios with the shell- These are fun to crack and make your snack last a bit longer.
- Veggies and Dip- Grab a handful of baby carrots and sliced peppers, pair with a tablespoon or two of your favorite hummus or ranch dressing.
- Hard boiled eggs- A wonderful source of protein, season with salt and pepper.
- Edamame- Grab a bag of frozen unshelled edamame and microwave ½-1 cup according to package direction. Salt and enjoy.
- Frozen Grapes- the kids LOVE these and you can too. They are like mini popcicles. You can even skewer them on wooden skewers to make your snack easy to grab.
- Baked Pear- Wash one pear then cut in half and core. Sprinkle with cinnamon to taste. Place in a microwave safe dish, flesh side up, cover and microwave for 3-5 minutes until it is soft. Cool and enjoy.
- Mini Caprese Salad- Slice one ounce of Mozzarella cheese, 2 slices of tomato and leaf or two of basil, then layer and drizzle with one tsp of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Salt to taste.
- Apple with Almond Butter. Slice one apple and enjoy with 1 tablespoon of almond butter (or your favorite nut butter)
Want some great DOVE® Fruit recipe ideas? Head on over and check out the DOVE® Fruit social hub.
And to make snacking even easier on your budget you can also download a coupon to save on your DOVE® purchase.
What are your favorite better for you snacks that also keep your budget in check?