So I took the idea and did my own sweeter take on it.
I hope you enjoy my Quinoa Crusted Chicken with Creamy BBQ Sauce. quinoa is an interesting grain.. I love that it cooks in the same time it takes white rice to cook!
Quinoa Crusted Chicken with Creamy BBQ Sauce
20 minPrep Time
60 minCook Time
1 hr, 20 Total Time
- 1 1/2 cup cooked quinoa (cooked with 1/4 tsp salt)
- 1 lb of boneless chicken breasts (4-6)
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/8 cup mayonnaise.
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4-1/2 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Spread cooked quinoa onto a cookie sheet covered with parchment or a sil-pat.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toasted and slightly crispy
- Remove from oven and pour quinoa onto a large plate or into a bowl.
- Raise oven temp. to 425 degrees.
- Combine mustard, honey, mayonnaise, garlic and onion powder and salt into a medium bowl and wisk to combine. Add chicken to the top of mixture and coat evenly with a spoon or spatula.
- After the chicken is coated dip it into the quinoa and coat both sides. Place on a cookie sheet covered with parchment, foil (spray with oil if foil) or a sil-pat.
- Place in oven and bake for 15-25 minutes, until cooked through.
- Combine 1/4-1/2 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce with 1-2 tablespoons mayonnaise (depending on how much sauce you want) in a small bowl and drizzle over chicken or serve as a dipping sauce.
This Post Contains Affiliate Links - Disclosure Policy