Ok, summer is over and the kids are back to school. Gone are the fun in the sun summertime activities. So you might be looking for a few family outings to be taking over the next few months before we hit winter.
Here are a few things that can be inexpensive but a great bonding experience for you and the kids.
- Hiking– as it gets cooler a hike and a picnic can be a great Saturday event.
- Riding Bike– Don’t just leave the bike riding to the kids- make it a family affair
- Corn maze– you know when you see the big signs on the side of the road? Surprise the kids by actually stopping a enjoying a corn maze. To find one in your area visit http://www.cornfieldmaze.com/
- Hayride– who can beat cuddling up with the family on a cool fall evening while on a hayride- bring some hot chocolate in a Thermos.
- Camping– now I am not a big camper, but I have friends you love it and it can be a really affordable to get away from the daily grind of the workweek.
- Picking apples– Now this is more like it. I love picking apples and then taking them home and making amazing things out of them. Can a few batches and make some pies then bring a few to your friends or neighbors- get the kids in on the project. I am always amazed at how good fresh picked apples are.
- Pumpkin Patch– This is great opportunity to let the kids pick out a pumpkin that they like and is also a really good photo opportunity- make sure to bring along the camera. Then scrapbook about it later and if you are really adventurous- make a pie from one of the pumpkins.
What are your fun Fall ideas? I would love for you to share.
This Post Contains Affiliate Links - Disclosure Policy
Leave a Reply