Target used to be a great place to score deals, and it still is, it’s just a bit more difficult now due to some policy changes (Which we are seeing a lot of lately!)
What kinds of coupons does Target accept?
- Target accepts two kinds of coupons: Target-issued coupons and manufacturer-issued.
- Target coupons can be found on Target.com
- Manufacturer coupons (including printable)
How do you use coupons at Target?
- Store & Manufacturer coupons can be “stacked” and used on one item
- BOGO coupons cannot be combined (i.e. you cannot use two BOGO coupons on two items and get both for free). A second cents-off coupon of the same type cannot be redeemed towards the purchase price of the first item.
– If a Target BOGO coupon is used, one additional manufacturer coupon maybe used on the first item.
– If a Manufacturer BOGO coupon is used, one additional Target coupon may be used on the first item.
- Target does not do “overages”, the coupon amount will be reduced if it exceeds the cost of the item. So yes… even though Target gets to redeem a $2 coupon for $2 you only get to see $1.87 or whatever the price is, of that coupon. This is a sore spot for some couponers because coupons are seen as money. I don’t want to give someone $2 for a product under that value. But, on the other hand, if it’s free… it’s free!
Target’s Price Matching :
- If you find an item in a competitor’s printed ad that is priced lower than it is at your Target store, they will match the price. The competitor’s ad must be local and current, and the product must be the identical item, brand name, quantity and model number.
- You must present the competitors Ad to receive the price match. Photos, photocopies, or mobile phone versions of the ad cannot be accepted as verification of competitive pricing
- Target does not ad match a competitors coupon-required offers
- If you’ve already purchased the item, bring your Target receipt and the competitor ‘s current printed ad within’ 7 days for a price match
- You can use coupons when price matching per Target’s normal coupon policy.
This Post Contains Affiliate Links - Disclosure Policy