We all need time to unwind with our spouse or significant others- even if you are on the tightest budget. It just replenishes our relationships and takes us back to when we first met.
Life is busy; take some time to get away with the one you love.
If you have kids a date night can automatically get expensive because of babysitting. If you don’t have a family member near by who is willing to watch them for a few hours I would recommend getting together with a friend that has kids and scheduling a monthly babysitting trade- this way you get some time away for free.
- Get Coffee or Tea– Go to a coffeehouse and grab a coffee and a goodie. If you don’t get the huge drink option this date can run you under $10 and a good hour or more of alone time.
- Trip to the Book Store/Library– Take a trip to the bookstore or library. Again, grab a coffee and treat then head to the travel section. Do some dreaming about your next vacation.
- Your own Backyard– Open a bottle of wine or your favorite drink, spread out some cheese and fruit and watch the stars!
- Get out, outside that is– go to the beach, river, public garden, or a local park, enjoy some fun in the sun.
- Cheap Night at Restaurants– I know in our area Rubio’s offers $1 fish taco night (it’s a Southern California thing!!). So I am sure there are other restaurants that offer “cheap item” nights- keep an eye out for offers in your area.
- Make a Pizza– and do it together. Pick out your favorite ingredients and decorate the toppings together.
- Dessert Only– have dinner at home and then go out for a yummy dessert at your favorite restaurant- make sure you feed each other.
- Hey Boo-Boo let’s have a Picnic– It’s fun to go all out for this one. Bring a blanket and basket of food. Make a gourmet spread with wine, cheese, fruit- then break out the fried chicken and potato salad- maybe end with some yummy cupcakes.
- Use the Entertainment Book – If you are looking to go out to dinner at a nice restaurant I recommend always using sites like Groupon. With the these types of sites you get BOGO dinners. I like this not only for the discounts but because it can encourages you to try new places and order different foods.
- Free Museum Day– Here in San Diego Balboa Park offers free museum admission on certain days. Obviously this is a great deal. I would encourage you to see if there are any similar offers in your area.
- Stay in– 1. Rent a movie- I recommend Redbox. It is only $1.25 to rent a movie from them (and somtimes I even post free codes here on Frugal, Freebies and Deals). And 2. Make a “taste alike restaurant recipe” check out either Top Secret Recipes or CopyKat Recipes for some yummy ideas.
- Dollar Movie– Go to a dollar movie theater. Seriously- for $2 you can get some glorious time alone with your sweetie.
- Go out for Ice Cream– Make sure to sign up at both Baskin Robbins and Coldstone for your free birthday ice cream- if you do it’s basically four 1/2 price dates taken care of for the year.
What are YOUR favorite inexpensive date night ideas?
This Post Contains Affiliate Links - Disclosure Policy