Ok, OK… not ALL these ways are crazy. But a few are, and the rest are pretty cool ways of using up that pickle juice.
It won’t save you a lot of money, but it’s an easy way to get into the habit of using up everything you buy.
- Marinade chicken– Apparently Chik Fil A marinates their chicken in pickle juice. Now I have not confirmed this with them, but that;s the word around town.I’ll bet you could marinate all sort of meats and fish in pickle juice. It’s worth a try!
- Make a vinaigrette or creamy dressing– use the pickle juice instead of the plain vinegar. It gives a super yummy “dilly” flavor, and you don’t even need to break out the spices.
- Make new “pickles”– Throw some baby carrots, a few slices of cucumber, onions or any other veggie you might like to try. In a couple of days test your fresh pickles and eat within another day or two.
- Add to potatoes salad– add a few tablespoons of pickle juice to your favorite potatoes salad for a zippy flavor.
- Stop Hiccups– ok.. so here is one of the weird tips. I have NO idea if this works, but if you can’t get rid of a case of hiccups it might be worth a shot.
- Weed killer– Follow the direction at the link to take care of pesky weeds with that leftover juice.
- Make Soup– PICKLE SOUP??? My daughter would LOVE this! The recipe calls for pickles too… but I’d guess you could leave them out for a creamy, tangy soup.
- Add to your favorite egg or tuna salad- Add a teaspoon or two of pickle juice to your egg or tuna salad. This could mix up a boring lunch.
Do you have a genius ways of using pickle juice? Tell us in the comments.
This Post Contains Affiliate Links - Disclosure Policy