This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NaturalGoodness #CollectiveBias
Looking to reduce your chemical load? Why not start with your beauty products?
I have found that natural products often work as well, or better that those filled with chemicals. And I feel much safer using them for myself and my family.
A few years ago I started experimenting with making some of my own household cleaners and beauty products as well as searching out ones I could purchase in the store when I don’t have time for DIY.
Tom’s of Maine natural personal care and oral care products have been a part of our getting ready routine for years. My husband discovered Tom’s of Maine toothpaste and appreciates the unsweetened or less sweet options they offer over other brands. And my girls love the Silly Strawberry™ toothpaste flavor.
I recently headed to my local Walmart (awesome you can snag natural products at such a convenient place!) and picked up Tom’s of Maine Silly Strawberry™ Fluoride Toothpaste, Antiplaque & Whitening Peppermint Fluoride Free Toothpaste, Whole Care® Peppermint and Spearmint Fluoride Toothpaste, and Unisex Long Lasting Apricot Deodorant.
The Apricot Deodorant is a great addition to my beauty routine. I love that it is aluminum free.
I have 6 Inexpensive Ways to Reduce Chemicals in Your Beauty Routine I would love to share with you:
- Use a Natural Toothpaste: Tom’s of Maine oral care products are made with no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives and are a great natural alternative to other products. Your child will love the Silly Strawberry™, too.
- Use a Natural Deodorant: Tom’s of Maine Unisex Long Lasting Apricot Deodorant is aluminum free and a great choice for you and your hubby.
- Use Coconut Oil for a Body Moisturizer: Coconut oil is good for SO many things like cooking and baking. But you can also slather on a small amount after a shower instead of your regular lotion. Just keep a small container of it in your bathroom.
- Use Jojoba Oil to Remove Make-up and as a Facial Moisturizer: I only recently started using Jojoba Oil and I LOVE it as a make-up and facial moisturizer. It does not clog pores and a few drops a day can improve skin flakiness. It’s also a great no chemical makeup remover. Put a small amount on a cotton ball and wipe off makeup.
- Use Aloe Vera as a Replacement for Shave Gel: Grow you own plant or purchase of tube of Aloe Vera to use in place of shaving cream. Aloe Vera is also great for burns.
- Use Tea Tree oil to Fight Pimples: Tea tree Oil is anti-bacterial, so it can help fight an pimples that pop up. Pour a few drops of 100% Tea Tree oil on a pad or cotton ball and dab on pimples. I generally do this one or two times a day until it’s gone.
Do you use any natural products in your home? What are your favorite? And don’t forget to print a coupon for $1.00 off any Tom’s of Maine product purchase at Walmart.