So a good friend of mine and I were talking the other day about healthy foods we like to make. And if came up that her family liked some sweet potato/white bean burgers she likes to make. So I ran with the idea and came up with these Sweet Potato and Chickpea Burgers with Curry Basil Aioli.
Every ingredient I used was gluten free including the buns and bread crumbs, but if you not gluten free you can use a gluten “filled” version.
I went with an Indian flavor profile, but it was not overwhelming, so no need to worry about that. When I served them for dinner they were paired with Roasted Cauliflower (and I will have that recipe up this week, too).
I hope you enjoy them, I think they were very good and a great change to the regular chicken or beef burgers (which I LOVE, too!!)
Sweet Potato and Chickpea Burgers with Curry Basil Aioli
15 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 16oz can of chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup of cooked (I roasted) sweet potatoes, lightly mashed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- 1 cup of plain bread crumbs ( I used gluten free)
- 6 Buns ( I used gluten free)
- Sliced Cucumber (for garnish)
- Sliced Tomato (for garnish)
- Baby Spinach (for garnish)
- Coconut or Olive Oil for Frying
- 4 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3-4 medium, basil leaves chopped finely
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch of mild Curry Powder to taste
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Combine chickpeas, sweet potato, egg, garlic and onion powder, curry powder, salt, and pepper in a food processor and process until smooth. Fold in bread crumbs. Refridgerate for at least 1 hour. Remove from refridgerator and divide mixture in to 6 parts. Form each into a patty and fry in oil unitil each side is brown (about 5 minutes per side). Remove and drain on a paper towl. Eat immediately.
- To make the Aioli combine Mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, basil, curry, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Stir to combine and serve on burgers.
- Serve burgers on buns and garnish with thinly sliced Cucumber, Tomato and Spinach.
This Post Contains Affiliate Links - Disclosure Policy