I am a meat and potatoes girl.
So I loved roast growing up.
But it is not my families favorite meal (yeah.. cuz they are crazy).
That said, I still need a roast here and there. And living in the southwest for my whole life means I enjoy some spicy food. So why not a Spicy Chipotle Roast?
It’s a great twist on a standard roast and you can use your favorite meat (or what is on sale), pork or beef, both are delicious. Serve with mashed potatoes or even rice and beans. You can can also make my Spicy Sopes with Chipotle Sauce Pork Roast– which is a restaurant quality meal!
Roast is super easy, can please a crowd and makes killer sandwiches the next day.
10 minPrep Time
5 hrCook Time
5 hr, 10 Total Time
- 2.5-3 lb boneless beef or pork roast
- 1/8 cup adobo sauce from a can of Chipotle in Adobo (for an even spicier sauce ad in chipotle peppers that you pulverize in a blender or food processor)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano, crushed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Whisk together in a medium bowl the adobo, oil, vinegar, onion, garlic, oregano and salt.
- Place pork roast in to a baking dish and pour adobo mixture over pork or beef.
- Cover with foil and allow marinating over night or 4-5 hours
- During the last 1/2 hour of marinating remove roast from the refrigerator and allow to come to room temp.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Cook pork covered with foil for 4-5 hours, until the meat is tender enough to shred.
- After removing roast from the oven, allow to rest covered for at least 5 minutes before shedding or slicing.
This Post Contains Affiliate Links - Disclosure Policy
Thao @ In Good Flavor says
Courtney from A Life From Scratch says
Lou Lou Girls says