This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BakeMagicMoments #CollectiveBias
Getting ready for some cookie making for Christmas and Holiday baking?
I always love the idea of making Christmas cookies when I see all the beautiful displays on magazines this time of year. But then I get overwhelmed because of the complexity of them all (and the time I would need to spend).
I’m generally all about simple so why be any different when it comes to this?
For my yummy (and easy) Slice and Bake Peppermint Sugar Cookies I used Reynolds Cookie Baking Sheets. They make the cookie making process so much easier because the cookies bake evenly and the sheets are non-stick (no worries about cookies stuck to the pan) and best of all… easy clean up!
Both Reynolds Genuine Parchment Paper and Cookie Baking Sheets (pre-cut parchment sheets) are tested to safely withstand oven temperatures up to 420°F.
While I love intricately decorated cookies, as a busy mom I don’t have time for that. So my Slice and Bake Peppermint Sugar Cookies are perfect for my lifestyle. They are easy, festive and don’t take long or a lot of talent to decorate. Perfect!
What are your favorite Holiday cookies to make?
And don’t forget to check out Reynolds on Twitter and Facebook for lots of great tips and ideas.
Slice and Bake Peppermint Sugar Cookies
20 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
32 minTotal Time
- 2 1/2 cups 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour or Regular White Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- For Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- For Topping
- Crushed Peppermint candies (about 1/2 cup)
- In a medium bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer or with a hand mixer beat white sugar and butter in a large bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Beat until smooth
- Add peppermint and vanilla extract. Beat until incorporated.
- Slowly add in flour mixture.
- Divide dough in half and place each half onto sheets of Reynolds Genuine Parchment Paper. Form each in a 6 inch log and seal with paper
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours (or place in a zip top bag and freeze for later, just thaw in the refrigerator when ready to use).
- Unwrap dough and slice each log into 12-15 pieces.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare cookie sheet with Reynolds Cookie Baking Sheet and place 6-9 cookies on each sheet (they don't spread much)
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. Do not brown and do not overbake.
- Remove from sheet and cool completely on a cooling rack
- For Glaze
- In a small bowl combine powdered sugar and water and mix until combined.
- To Decorate
- Spoon about 1 tsp glaze on to each cooled cookie and spread over top (don't overdo this)
- Sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies
- Allow glaze to harden
Alicia Gonzalez says