If you are looking for a delicious dessert to serve after a leisurely Sunday meal, or to contribute to the next potluck then this Oreo poke cake recipe is a sure winner.
It’s creamy, crunchy, and delicious layers combine to create a heavenly dessert topped with homemade whipped cream. And if you are gluten free you can find some easy substitutions below.
Don’t be intimidated by the thought of homemade whipped, it is really quite easy and the flavor cannot be beat with store bought.
You can mix it by hand with a whisk if you don’t have a mixer, just be ready for sore arms. Put it all together and let it hang out in the fridge so all the layers can combine and chill completely and its ready to serve.
Everyone is going to LOVE this dessert!
Oreo Poke Cake with Homemade Whipped Cream
- 1 box vanilla cake mix (gluten free if necessary)
- ingredients for box mix- usually eggs, oil, and water
- 1 large box cookies and cream pudding (or gluten free vanilla pudding mixed with a couple well crushed gf chocolate sandwich cookies)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 package Oreo cookies (or GF chocolate sandwich cookies)
- Homemade Whipped Cream:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- Lightly spray or coat a 9x13 pan with butter/oil.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line baking pan with Oreo sandwich cookies.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, pour batter gently over cookies.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, use the end of a wooden spoon to poke many holes all over top surface of cake.
- Combine pudding mix and milk in a separate bowl, pour slowly over the top of cake so that it is evenly disbursed.
- Crumble half the remaining cookies and sprinkle over pudding mixture.
- Allow cake to cool completely.
- While cake is cooling prepare your homemade whipped cream
- Whipped Cream Directions:
- Leave your heavy whipping cream in refrigerator until ready to use, the colder the cream, the better it will whip up.
- Place cream in the bowl of a stand or hand mixer.
- Mix on medium until just before soft peaks begin to form.
- Add sugar a tablespoon at a time until it is fully incorporated and cream is fluffy.
- Mix in vanilla extract until just combined.
- Top cake with homemade whipped cream and refrigerate for 1-2 hours minimum for best results, overnight is even better.
- Just before serving sprinkle on remaining crushed oreos.
This Post Contains Affiliate Links - Disclosure Policy
lorraine williamson says