It’s pretty funny, a couple of months ago I realized that we had two huge lavender bushes in our yard. These things really are big and I don’t know why I never really realized it was lavender.. but it is.
So I started thinking what I might be able to do with it and lavender lemonade came up, so I wanted to try it. Yesterday I whipped up a batch of lavender simple syrup and added it to some lemonade (using fresh lemons from our tree!). It was good, I liked it a lot. If you want a stronger lavender flavor, just steep it longer.
If you want to try something different for the summer I would recommend trying this.
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 packets of stevia
- 4 cups of water
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lavender flowers
- cut lemon slices for garnish (optional)
- Add 1/2 water and sugar to a small sauce pan and simmer until sugar dissolves
- Add fresh lavender flowers and steep for about 5 minutes
- strain syrup and set aside
- Add lemon juice, water and stevia to a medium pitcher
- Add lavender simple syrup
- Stir to combine
- Serve over ice and garnish with a lemon slice
note: if you don’t want to use stevia, just double the simple syrup.
This Post Contains Affiliate Links - Disclosure Policy