Mmm.. These are so good.. and not healthy AT all (so not like me.. lol). But the other day I got a bee in my bonnet and just needed to figure out how to do these Ice Cream Cake Pops.. and it took a few tries to figure out the right method so they didn’t just look like a blag globby mess (albeit a tasty glob).
I think these would be great for Valentine’s day.. a nice surprise for dessert!
Regular or dark chocolate would work just as well!
Ice Cream Cake Pops
45 minPrep Time
45 minTotal Time
- 1 prepared batch of brownies or chocolate cake (note you will only use a small amount for this recipe.. so reserve the rest for another use)
- 2/3 cup of white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or shortening
- 3/4 cup-1 cup Vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- Lollypop Sticks or Cookie sticks
- Egg carton or Craft foam to stick pops in to harden*
- Bake and cool brownies or cake (according to package directions)
- Cut 12 approximately 1 inch by 1 inch pieces of brownie or cake (you may find this easier by freezing cake or brownies for a few minutes to firm up.
- Place brownie or cake pieces into the freezer just until slightly firm
- Push sticks into your lightly frozen brownie or cake pieces.
- Form them so they are more round- I just pressed them lightly with my palm.
- Push pops into Egg carton or Craft foam and return to freezer to harden for 15 minutes or so.
- Remove pops from freezer no more than 6 at a time
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon of ice-cream and form around cake or brownie.
- Use your finger to smooth and shape into a ball.
- Immediately return each to the freezer to harden another 15 minutes minimum
- At around the 10 minute mark pour white chocolate chips and coconut oil or shortening into a small microwave save bowl and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stir and return to microwave for another 30 seconds.. repeat until smooth.
- Immediately coat your ice cream pops by pouring the melted chocolate mixture over them with a spoon ( I held each pop over the bowl with the chocolate mixture in it)
- Immediately sprinkle on any sprinkles you are using.. the chocolate hardens VERY quickly (sprinkle over a plate to catch sprinkles)
- Work with as few at a time as you can (they melt quickly) and return to the freezer in your prepared egg carton or craft foam.
- Freeze until completely hardened (at least 30 minutes)
This Post Contains Affiliate Links - Disclosure Policy