If you have never had crunchy roasted chickpeas. watch out, because they are addictive. The recipe should serve about 3, but you could easily eat them all by yourself (or at least I could). They are very good for you but they are not low in calories, so make sure you share!!
You can easily double or probably even triple this recipe with no problems.
I have seen lots of recipes for them and made them a few times, but I wanted to come up with a recipes of my own to share with you all. To be honest I am not sure what to call the flavor on these, except tasty.
They do have a Mexican type of flavor profile but they don’t have a real Mexican flavor. So I don’t know, if you try them please leave a comment and let me know what you think they taste like!!
Crunchy Roasted Chickpeas
10 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas, drained
- 1 tsp soy sauce (we use gluten free)
- 1/4 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 tsp tomato paste (reserve the rest for another use)
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp lemon or lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Prepare a cookie sheet by covering with tin foil
- Add all ingredients, except chickpeas, to a medium bowl and whisk together
- Stir in chickpeas and coat with “dressing”
- Pour chickpeas and “dressing” onto prepared cookie sheet
- Bake for 20 minutes and stir chickpeas to rotate
- Bake for another 10-20 minutes until as crunchy as you like*
- Cool slightly and enjoy right away.. the fresher the better
* Note: You can bake these even longer to make them more crunchy. I tend to like the very crunchy ones the best and the time above probably will end up having some crunchy and some more on soft side. If you bake them longer just make sure you watch them so they don’t burn.. because that would be SUPER sad!
This Post Contains Affiliate Links - Disclosure Policy