This post brought to you by Cool Whip. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Frugal Living Mom.
Last week I told you how Cool Whip is celebrating its 50th anniversary and shared a recipe for some yummy and easy Smores “Ice Cream” Sandwiches.
I have a new, sure to become a family favorite after-school snack that is a snap. Cool Whip makes these Creamy Chocolate Peanut Butter Pops so easy to put together you will wonder why you haven’t thought of the idea before. The peanut butter and chocolate is going to remind you and your kids of a favorite candy treat. My girls LOVED them. The recipe makes eight small pops or four large ones.
I like the small version because it’s a fun little taste you could also pair with some fruit for a perfect after-school snack. Did you try out my Smores “Ice Cream” Sandwiches from last week? If so what did you and your kids think?
And make sure to share your favorite ways to use Cool Whip in the comments.
Creamy Chocolate Peanut Butter Pops
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1/2 tub of thawed Cool Whip (divided)
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 dairy or non dairy milk
- Optional Drizzle
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- In a medium bowl stir together 1/4 tub of Cool Whip until smooth
- Stir in milk
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Fold in the remaining Cool whip
- Fill 8 small or 4 large ice pop molds with mixture and place stick/top of ice pop mold in to cover
- Freeze for at least 2 hours
- To release pops from the mold dip mild into warm water until the pop releases
- In a small bowl microwave 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips for 30-45 seconds
- Stir in coconut oil until mixture is liquid and smooth
- Drizzle over ice pops
- (I placed mine back in the freezer for a few minutes on a plate to solidify the chocolate drizzle completely, but this is optional)