We still eat dairy in our house, but my oldest daughter can’t, so we do make a lot of dairy free dishes. One of them that I make is dairy free Coconut Whipped Cream.
It’s very easy and really is a good substitute for whipped cream,. I will be honest and say real whipped cream is better.. but that said if you are vegan or jsut dairy free and miss real whipped cream this a a very good option.
Coconut Whipped Cream
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1 15 oz can of full fat coconut milk
- Pinch of salt
- Optional: Honey, liquid stevia or sugar
- Optional: 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Chill coconut milk in can over night
- Scoop Coconut milk solids in to stand mixer or bowl
- Pour out watery liquid from can (you can reserve this for another use if you like)
- Add a tiny pinch of salt
- Add 1 tsp of honey or sugar or a few drops of liquid stevia to taste (optional)
- Add 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Mix in stand mixer or with hand mixer on medium or high until soft peaks form
- Note: the peaks will not get stiff like true whipped cream
- Store in refrigerator until you are ready to use. (it will stiffen up in the fridge.
- Store 2-3 days in fridge
This Post Contains Affiliate Links - Disclosure Policy