Easy Chicken Enchilada Recipe
So the other day I was thinking about doing some sort of enchilada dish for Frugal Living Mom. I first thought about an easy sort of layer casserole, which would be great and easy.
But then I came up with these Easy Chicken Enchilada Cups.
I think they are very cute and super kid friendly (and freezer friendly). I hope you like them.. make sure to let me know if you try them out!
*you can use regular sized tortillas, too, you will just need to trim them to fit in the cups
Also, a canned green or red enchilada sauce would be good in the recipe, too. Omit the homemade entirely and add about 1 1/4 cups sauce to the chicken.
Chicken Enchilada Cups
20 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 3/4 cup Chicken Stock
- 6oz can of tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried red chili powder (not hot)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups of shredded, cooked chicken (or pork or beef)
- 12 mini corn tortillas *
- 3 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat over to 350 degrees
- Spray 1 dozen cupcake pan with oil
- Add chicken stock, tomato paste, oregano, cumin, onion, garlic, chili powder and salt to a medium bowl
- Wisk to combine
- Stir in chicken and coat with sauce
- Warm tortillas in the microwave 6 at a time for about 30 seconds, until soft
- Place each tortilla in to prepared cupcake pan (if they break a bit it is ok)
- Fill each tortilla cup with chicken mixture to the top
- Top each with about 1 tablespoon of cheese
- Bake for 30 minutes
This Post Contains Affiliate Links - Disclosure Policy
Denise Z says