I LOVE making this Caprese Salad.
It’s so easy and great to take to a summer potluck.
We had a summer get together the other day with our Bible study and it was a big hit..
If you want to make it a bit fancier.. skewer a tomato, a basil leaf, and cheese on a fancy toothpick.. then drizzle with the glaze!!
You can serve it with or without the Balsamic Glaze.. it’s delicious either way!!
10 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 8 oz of Whole Milk Mozzarella, cubed in to 1 inch cubes
- 1 Pint of cherry or grape tomatoes (1/2'ed or not.. your choice)
- Handful of fresh basil leaves (about 1/3 cup??)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1/3 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- Combine Mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil into a medium bowl
- Add Olive Oil and salt to taste
- Toss together
- Add Balsamic Vinegar to a small sauce pan
- Simmer on medium heat, stir constantly until Balsamic Vinegar coats the spoon and is reduced ( should only take around 5 minutes)
- Note: Balsamic Vinegar has a strong smell when cooking.. turn on your stove vent or open a window.
- Drizzle Balsamic Vinegar glaze over salad right before serving
This Post Contains Affiliate Links - Disclosure Policy