Christmas just keeps creeping closer!! Today we are on Day 17 of 100 Days of Saving on Christmas: Give acts of service to loved ones instead of gifts.
They say time is money, which makes it easier to give great Christmas gifts if you don’t have a lot of money to spend! Giving acts of service to your friends and family is a great way to give a gift and make them feel loved without going broke or breaking out the credit card.
A good act of service differs from person to person. For instance, if your wife has wanted a cozy reading nook for years, set aside a weekend to make it happen. Rearrange a room, set a corner up with good lighting and a comfortable chair, and put a stack of her favorite books on the chair. That will make her feel more loved than any expensive piece of jewelry ever could!
When you are doing acts of service for people, think about what they’ve wanted to get done but simply haven’t done. This might include weeding a whole lawn, fixing a broken porch, cleaning viruses off a computer, or any other number of tasks. If you aren’t sure what to do, ask! Put together a fun coupon book of ways you can serve them though out the year and wrap it up in a big box or put it in a stocking. And here is a YEAR of date night ideas.
This idea is even great for parents to give to kids, or siblings to give to siblings.
Loved ones will typically be very understanding that money is tight and they probably have a to-do list a mile long. People will be reaping the benefits of your gifts long after they’ve forgotten about the others!
Snag 100 Days to Christmas: A Daily Dose of Inspiration & Motivation for a Busy Holiday Season. Grab an ebook that begins on September 16, and leads you day-by-day toward a peaceful and meaningful holiday season. Also included is a companion workbook containing 31 interactive lists from ListPlanIt.com for all of your holiday gift, card, party, and meal planning needs! eBook buyers will get a code for a FREE 60-Day trial to ListPlanIt.com!
- View the whole 100 Days of Saving on Christmas here.
- Day 1, Shop Groupon and Other Deal Sites
- Day 2, Use FFD and Other Deal Blogs
- Day 3, Use Kohls Coupons for Freebies
- Day 4, Use Swagbucks
- Day 5, Save Your Change Throughout the Year
- Day 6, Recycle for Cash
- Day 7, Sell Old Items on Ebay or Craigslist
- Day 8, Have a Garage Sale
- Day 9, Create an Etsy Store
- Day 10, Eat at Home
- Day 11, Buy From the Thrift Store and Save the Difference
- Day 12, Shop at Garage Sales for New Items
- Day 13, Make Lunches to Take to Work
- Day 14,Turn Your Thermostat Up or Down
- Day 15, Shop the Dollar Store for Gifts
- Day 16, Bake or Make Gifts
This Post Contains Affiliate Links - Disclosure Policy