Gift baskets are the perfect Christmas gift—they require thoughtfulness and planning and don’t require a deep wallet! Lots of stores even have gift basket “kits” you can buy. You buy a basket, go through the store and pick out items to fill the basket, and then get a discount on the whole gift basket when you pay!
The whole present is usable, which is awesome for gift recipients. The baskets can be used for shopping, holding makeup, or decoration. You can fill the edges of the basket with straw, Christmas tinsel, or something edible like peanuts. Try to make it personal to your friend or family member for an even cooler gift!
To plan the perfect Christmas gift basket, think of where your recipient’s interests lie. If they like barbecuing, fill a basket with homemade BBQ rubs and sauces. Toss in a couple sauce brushes, a pair of tongs, and a book of recipes to finish it out! If someone loves art, put in a pack of drawing pencils and a set of painting brushes. Give them some special paints and sketchbook to finish it out.
With any gift basket you give, include a personalized card that tells them a little bit about the gift basket. Then they’ll know that you planned it especially for them, and it will mean even more to them.
Snag 100 Days to Christmas: A Daily Dose of Inspiration & Motivation for a Busy Holiday Season. Grab an ebook that begins on September 16, and leads you day-by-day toward a peaceful and meaningful holiday season. Also included is a companion workbook containing 31 interactive lists from ListPlanIt.com for all of your holiday gift, card, party, and meal planning needs! eBook buyers will get a code for a FREE 60-Day trial to ListPlanIt.com!
- View the whole 100 Days of Saving on Christmas here.
- Day 1, Shop Groupon and Other Deal Sites
- Day 2, Use FFD and Other Deal Blogs
- Day 3, Use Kohls Coupons for Freebies
- Day 4, Use Swagbucks
- Day 5, Save Your Change Throughout the Year
- Day 6, Recycle for Cash
- Day 7, Sell Old Items on Ebay or Craigslist
- Day 8, Have a Garage Sale
- Day 9, Create an Etsy Store
- Day 10, Eat at Home
- Day 11, Buy From the Thrift Store and Save the Difference
- Day 12, Shop at Garage Sales for New Items
- Day 13, Make Lunches to Take to Work
- Day 14,Turn Your Thermostat Up or Down
- Day 15, Shop the Dollar Store for Gifts
- Day 16, Bake or Make Gifts
- Day 17, Give Acts of Service
- Day 18, Start a Family Tradition of Volunteering
- Day 19, Stockpile Gifts Throughout the Year
- Day 20, Make a Christmas Budget
- Day 21, Drive Less During the Year
- Day 22, Trade Babysitting with Friends
- Day 23, Sign Up for Goldstar
- Day 24, Sell Your Clothing to a Resale Store
- Day 25, Sign up for Plink
- Day 26, Try Ebay, Craigslist, and Local Facebook for Gifts
This Post Contains Affiliate Links - Disclosure Policy