This Post Contains Affiliate Links - Disclosure Policy
A summer road trip is a great way to save money on a vacation. Airfare is super expensive and while it gets you to your destination quickly it’s often not cost-effective and, you miss out on potential sites and adventures between home and your destination.
Before you go you will want to make sure your vehicle and tires are in top notch shape (worn-out out tires will not only cost you more in gas are less safe). Make sure you head on over to your local Sam’s Club for their Sam’s Club Dare to Compare all-in tire offer. #DareToCompare
The offer a all-in price, matching offer on all the best tire brands like Michelin, Goodyear, BF Goodrich and Pirelli. So you will snag a great price on tires and included is the Tire Installation Package* with each tire purchase. Only for $15/tire, $25/dually tire!
Members of Sam’s Club receive these benefits, for as long as they remain active members:
- Tire Mounting
- Tire Lifetime Balancing
- Tire Lifetime Rotation
- A Value Stem
- No Charge Tire Lifetime Flat Repair
- 24-hour Emergency Roadside Service
For the Sam’s Club Dare to Compare all-in tire Event get:
- Michelin 5/14/2015 7/5/2015 $70 off set of 4 (offer concluded)
- Pirelli 5/15/2015 7/12/2015 $80 Instant Savings
- Goodyear 6/24/2015 8/31/2015 $70 off set of 4
And here are the Club-Specific Tire Model General-Market Tire Models available: BFGoodrich Touring T/A, BFGoodrich Advantage T/A, Michelin Defender XT, Michelin Defender, Michelin X Radial LT2, and Michelin LTX M/S2
*Complete terms and conditions of all Sam’s Club warranties and services can be obtained at any Sam’s Club Tire and Battery Center location.
We recently took a road trip up Arizona to see my dad and plan another to Northern California to see my hubby’s parents. Like I said it’s a great way to save money on a trip. No airfare or renting a car (which save a bundle.). Here are a few more tips on saving even more money for your road trip.
1. Take care of car maintenance before you leave. As I said above worn tires are not only going to cost you more in gas, they also risk safety. So get them checked (at Sam’s Club if you are a member) and replaced if necessary. And don’t forget to pull into your local mechanic for a once over. Don’t want to be stuck in the middle of nowhere with a breakdown and have to pay way too much for a tow and fix.
2, Don’t speed. Sure you want to get there faster, but higher speeds cost more in gas. Enjoy the view and slow down. Use your cruise control if your vehicle has it to keep your speed consistent.
3. Get rid of junk in the trunk.. Take out anything unnecessary in the trunk and make sure to pack as light as you can.
4. Make sure you have roadside assistance. If you do happen to have an emergency roadside assistance will be a lifesaver. Check to see if this is offered on your insurance. It’s usually quite inexpensive.
5. Use your road trip as a change to visit relatives. Yes, yes, vacations where you visit family are not the same as a regular vacation, but it’s a great way to see people you haven’t for a while. And on top of that? They just might let you stay for free. If you call, and they are going to be out of town ask if you might house sit for them for a few days and score some free accommodations!
So are you taking any road trips this summer? Tell us where you are going and your best money-saving tips!