This Post Contains Affiliate Links - Disclosure Policy
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SweetWarmUp #CollectiveBias
I love tea. It’s just so fun.
I find it easier and faster to make than coffee, it is a perfect morning drink and and it was an easy switch from coffee.
Growing up my mom and I would go to restaurants where they serve traditional tea time with sandwiches, salads, scones and other goodies. To be honest it is one of my favorite memories.
Good thing we still do it!
We also make our own tea style lunches at home, too. It’s perfect for a lunch with my daughters on the weekend or just to invite my mom over to get a little spoiled any day of the week.
I was pretty stoked when Bigelow tea and Truvia wanted me to make a tea time recipe so I headed out to my local Target to pick up the ingredients for my Spinach and Strawberry Salad with Chocolate Balsamic Vinaigrette.
Tip #1 : You can save 10% on your purchase of any package of Truvía® Natural Sweetener, Truvía® Baking Blend or Truvía® Brown Sugar Blend with Target Cartwheel. Sign up at cartwheel.target.com or download the Cartwheel mobile app to join!
Tip # 2: Download a $0.55 coupon for Bigelow tea here!
This is a perfect recipe for light lunch! And I love using Truvia in order to cut down on the sugar in the recipe (I used it to sweeten the strawberries and in the dressing). It’s also great for sweetening any Bigelow tea.
Tip #3 : Snag a free sample of Truvía® Natural Sweetener at truvia.com/freesample.
Are you a Bigelow tea drinker? What is you favorite flavor?
Spinach and Strawberry Salad with Chocolate Balsamic Vinaigrette
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 10 oz of ready to eat Baby Spinach
- 16 oz of sliced strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 4 oz of goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 tsp cocoa powder
- 3 tsp Truvia, divided
- pinch of salt, to taste
- Add strawberries to a medium bowl and sprinkle 1 tsp of Truvia to sweeten (more if you like them sweeter). Stir gently and set aside.
- Arrange baby spinach on 4 plates, dividing equally
- Arrange strawberries on top of spinach, dividing equally
- Add 1 oz of crumbled goat cheese to each salad
- Sprinkle each salad with 1 tablespoon of sliced almonds.
- For Dressing:
- Add olive oil, balsamic, cocoa powder, Truvia and salt to a small container with a lid (like a canning jar).
- Shake to combine.
- Drizzle each salad with up to 2 tablespoons of vinaigrette.
- Serve immediately