Tex-Mex Philly Cheesesteaks
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KickUpTheFlavor #CollectiveBias
Hurray for parties! Hurray for the Big Game!
I have a great party recipe that is so easy and delish… my family LOVED it and even instructed me to tell you so ;) This recipe is a mix of an old, familiar favorite kicked up with the flavor of Pace® Salsas and Picante Sauces.
These Slowcooker Tex-Mex Philly Cheesesteaks are easy and make a perfect party feature or even a weeknight dinner. When cooked in the slowcooker the meat basically melts in your mouth so you can use inexpensive cuts of beef for this recipe, as long as they are sliced thin.
This saves a bundle! And I know you are into saving money on groceries (especially when the food is delicious).
All you need to do is dump the ingredients in your slowcooker, set it and go. When the meat is done, place on a roll, top with cheese and kick up the flavor with Pace® Picante and you have something everyone is going to enjoy (plus ask for more!).
Pace® Salsas and Picante Sauces are great for cooking with and then serving on the side for dipping for so many recipes, including this one. So make sure you head to your local Walmart, like I did,to pick up a bottle or two for dinner and the Big Game get-together you are planning.
What is your favorite food for the Big Game? And how could you use Pace® Salsas and Picante Sauces to kick up a recipe into something totally new?
And let me know if you Grab the Southwest by the Bottle and make my Slowcooker Tex-Mex Philly Cheesesteaks.
Slowcooker Tex-Mex Philly Cheesesteaks
10 minPrep Time
5 hrCook Time
5 hr, 10 Total Time
- 2 pounds thin cut round steak or top sirloin (if meat is not thin enough slice into thin strips)
- 1 cup Pace® Picante Medium
- 1 cup beef stock or broth
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 warmed hoagie buns split
- Pace® Picante Medium (for topping)
- Place meat, 1 cup Pace® Picante Medium, broth, pepper, cumin and garlic into your slowcooker
- Cover and set to low and cook for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Place meat on 6 warmed hoagie buns which are split
- Top with cheese and Pace® Picante Medium to taste