This Post Contains Affiliate Links - Disclosure Policy
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BakeMagicMoments #CollectiveBias
Getting ready for some cookie making for Christmas and Holiday baking?
I always love the idea of making Christmas cookies when I see all the beautiful displays on magazines this time of year. But then I get overwhelmed because of the complexity of them all (and the time I would need to spend).
I’m generally all about simple so why be any different when it comes to this?
For my yummy (and easy) Slice and Bake Peppermint Sugar Cookies I used Reynolds Cookie Baking Sheets. They make the cookie making process so much easier because the cookies bake evenly and the sheets are non-stick (no worries about cookies stuck to the pan) and best of all… easy clean up!
Both Reynolds Genuine Parchment Paper and Cookie Baking Sheets (pre-cut parchment sheets) are tested to safely withstand oven temperatures up to 420°F.
While I love intricately decorated cookies, as a busy mom I don’t have time for that. So my Slice and Bake Peppermint Sugar Cookies are perfect for my lifestyle. They are easy, festive and don’t take long or a lot of talent to decorate. Perfect!
What are your favorite Holiday cookies to make?
Slice and Bake Peppermint Sugar Cookies
20 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
32 minTotal Time
- 2 1/2 cups 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour or Regular White Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- For Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- For Topping
- Crushed Peppermint candies (about 1/2 cup)
- In a medium bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer or with a hand mixer beat white sugar and butter in a large bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Beat until smooth
- Add peppermint and vanilla extract. Beat until incorporated.
- Slowly add in flour mixture.
- Divide dough in half and place each half onto sheets of Reynolds Genuine Parchment Paper. Form each in a 6 inch log and seal with paper
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours (or place in a zip top bag and freeze for later, just thaw in the refrigerator when ready to use).
- Unwrap dough and slice each log into 12-15 pieces.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare cookie sheet with Reynolds Cookie Baking Sheet and place 6-9 cookies on each sheet (they don't spread much)
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. Do not brown and do not overbake.
- Remove from sheet and cool completely on a cooling rack
- For Glaze
- In a small bowl combine powdered sugar and water and mix until combined.
- To Decorate
- Spoon about 1 tsp glaze on to each cooled cookie and spread over top (don't overdo this)
- Sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies
- Allow glaze to harden